Saturday, December 26, 2009

Garlic, and Other Spices

Today, I tried making a salsa, with random things I had in the house. I have noticed that cooking and baking is somewhat of a release from me(even if it is work and I could be relaxing on the couch instead).

But, it can be therapeutic for me, I can cook away my problems. It's much like when I am creating art. Art keeps more focused however. But, I love creating tasty 'dishes'.

It also, makes me feel closer to him (my Dad). I feel like I could relate to him, that maybe I picked up something from him, and I can know him through cooking. Since, my dad was a chef. And a great one at that.

So, I've started another blog where I'll post random recipes that I come up with on nights like this. When I am alone, hungry, and sad.

Since I have this insatiable love for garlic, I have used it partially for the URL. I'll probably re-name the blog if anyone else is able to come up with names (hint).


I have found a new love and a new passion, which existed, but I hadn't known existed.

I've found I have many, well "talents" I suppose (though, i don't wish to use that word because I feel it means I have completely accomplished being an artist, a cook, or whichever when I have not and never will). These talents are never practical. I don't know where I'm meant to be, or who I'm meant to be. But it's certainly not typical, sitting in an office. I want to explore, and I cannot wait to apply for my Masters. And continue to dabble in other things of interest.

I hope to never lose my passion, for anything. How quickly I become passionate over things that begin to hold my interest.


Anyways, enjoy :)

<3 Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment