Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Christmas Special - Makeshift Penne (aka: Tomato, dill, penne casserole)

This Christmas was the first I'd be spending alone with a boy, my boy. So, I had planned to make a turkey dinner, a typical holiday dinner, of sorts. Turns out Christmas Eve all the stores close at five, so, no groceries for me! Which resulted in this meal,as I looked around the place for whichever I could to throw together for a meal.. And here it is:

2 cups cheddar cheese grated
penne - boil and cook (put aside)

Mix: olive oil, oregano, 3 cloves garlic, dill, sesame seeds, salt and pepper, parsley and a tablespoon tomato paste to thicken it into a sauce.

Cook the mixture in a saucepan over medium heat - stirring often. Add cooked shrimp.

mix cooked penne with some of the cheese (to melt the cheese)

Place casserole in a greased (pam with olive oil) casserole dish, sprinkle remaining cheese on top

bake at 350 degrees

No comments:

Post a Comment